1st Workshop on Seismic Metamaterials
Welcome to Iasi, the capital of Moldova!
A brief hisotry of Gheorghe Asachi Technical University of Iasi
In 1813 the scholar Gheorghe Asachi founded the first school of land surveyors and civil engineers with instruction in the Romanian language. This school developed within the Michaellian Academy (1835), and afterwards within the University of Iasi, established in 1860. In 1937, the newly established Polytechnic School of Iasi was one of the few higher education institutions in Romania qualified to issue engineer's degrees. The new institution took the name of Gheorghe Asachi, the founder of the Romanian technical education. Nowadays, the “Gheorghe Asachi” Technical University integrates eleven universities: Faculty of Automatic Control and Computer Engineering, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Building Services, "G.M. Cantacuzino" Faculty of Architecture, Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Environmental Protection, Faculty of Machine Manufacturing and Industrial Management, Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Hydrotechnical Engineering, Geodesy and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Material Science and Engineering, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Textiles, Leather and Industrial Management. For more information have a look at the University of Iasi official website: